1.12.2012

it's been almost three months since i've posted a thing!  it seems like it's not even worth it to keep a blog if i'm not going to post...  what's the point?  humph.  maybe i should add "blogging more" to my list of new year's resolutions goals "things i think sound like a good idea but probably won't do" list.  ;)

anywho... that wasn't the point of this post.  i think that blogs are a nice place to organize thoughts so that's what i'm going to use this one for... and maybe a few posts on my stinkin' adorable boys!  ;)  who knows... maybe it'll become a habit.

since christmas i've been thinking a lot about things that i want to change.  ways that our family operates, habits we have (and don't have), being intentional about certain areas, and getting our focus straight.  scott and i have talked some about this and even though we are on the same page and he agrees... i still feel like it's kind of my "responsibility" to get the ball rolling.

i'm going to take some baby steps, get myself organized, seek some wisdom from other ladies who've gone before me, and hopefully by this time next year... i will feel a bit more "under control".

one area i want to tackle is ORGANIZATION...

a friend of mine is currently doing the 40 Day Bag Challenge (it's from the Clover Lane Blog... you can find it HERE and more stuff on organization HERE) and trying to get reorganized and do a little de-cluttering.  my mom is doing the same thing but she's doing this 15 Day Clutter-Free Challenge.  with the beginning of a new year it seems fitting and i think i'm going to jump on board (doing maybe a little of both).  so... to keep me accountable, i'm going to try to post my "progress".  aren't you excited?!?  don't feel like you have to follow along... like i mentioned before... i think this is a nice place to organize my thoughts... so that's what i'm going to do.

oh... and if my "friend" decides to blog about her 40 Day Bag Challenge... i'll link up here (hint, hint!) ;)

**does anyone else find it incredibly intimidating to hit the "publish post" button... maybe that's why i NEVER post... that bright orange button is screaming "everyone is going to read this, think you're a whack-job, wonder why you're not organizing instead of blogging, ha!  no... honestly... no one is reading this... they won't even see your part about the orange button b/c they've already clicked off, uhh booorrring!"

OH CRIPES... maybe lacking a little in the confidence area... EEK!  GOTTA GET A GRIP!

2 comments:

Stacy and Scott said...

I'm reading and you're NOT crazy! Good luck on the de-cluttering. :)

Danielle said...

I agree with Stacy!! I enjoy reading you blog...when you post that is ;)...and you are NOT crazy!!! I think we all need a challenge to update our blog regularly! :) I like your decluttering challenge and can't wait to hear how it goes...and yes i'm going to ask you :) Maybe my nesting will quick in and I will jump on board! Love you!