10.09.2011

for the love of blogging

this morning in church one of our pastors was talking about the need to be educated and intellectual.  he pointed out that a lot of people don't spend enough time reading.  like a good wife, i nudged my husband to make sure he was paying attention.  ;)  he HATES to read (well, except for the cabela's catalogue).  he smiled at me and whispered, "oh, cause you do lot of reading?"  ha!  i quickly responded (on a piece of paper, i'd hate to distract anyone!)... i read plenty... lots of blogs!  he laughed and wrote, blogs=junk


i can totally see why he thinks that (not that he really cares either way).  but there are days when i feel and act gloomy and bummed because i think my life pales in comparison to someone else's life.  or that i've failed in another area because someone seems to have it whipped and i'm not even sure where to start.  is it just me, do other's feel that way?

anywho... i'm not up for writing a long elaborate post but happened to run across this lady's post tonight and it seemed to hit the nail on the head. i love what she has to say!

so... i thought that maybe the 5 girls who read my blog... might take something positive away from it.  enjoy!

and maybe... just maybe... i'll actually get a BOOK out and read.  eh, maybe not.  ;)

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

As one of the "five" girls that reads your blog (and enjoys it!), I did take something away from this!

I struggle with the same thing. And it was really bad when I first got on Pinterest... so many "wise and beautiful" things out there that I'm not doing. I MUST be a failure that is wasting my life.

But I think Pioneer Woman and Ashley Ann have both written post explaining that they don't have it all together, and it is such a relief to find out!

Thank you for sharing these encouraging words, and keep blogging! I love reading about your life... even (and can I be so bold to say "especially"?) the messy stuff. Because that is what real life is in this fallen world, and it helps me feel like I'm not alone in my inability to keep it all together.

I love you, Kim!